Below are our current openings and our online application.
GIS ADMINISTRATOR OR GIS ANALYST
Under the direction of the Vice President of Engineering, this position is responsible for capturing and maintaining all geospatial data, digital mapping, topographic and GPS surveying information; interpreting environmental and engineering information to create maps, exhibits, reports, presentations, and recommendations to staff.
Note: There is one position available, and the position will be filled as either the GIS Administrator (54-4252) or GIS Analyst (54-4371). This final decision will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate selected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ascertain knowledge and maintain the Cooperative’s GIS and electric modelling systems.
- Ensure the accuracy of mapping and staking data and perform input of completed staking jobs to GIS.
- Maintain GIS, staking, and mapping software.
- Provides internal customer support for GIS applications.
- Create, integrate, analyze, and present spatial and tabular information from the GIS, customer information systems (CIS), outage management systems (OMS), and related data sources and systems.
- Import and export data to and from the GIS to facilitate the sharing of information with local government, contractors, and consultants as required.
- Update and make corrections to the GIS to reflect any changes made to the electrical system relating to new construction, line conversions, maintenance programs, switching operations, phase changes, etc., to insure an accurate and current representation of the electrical system.
- Update and make changes to the GIS to reflect accurate and current geographical and land base information including but not limited to roads, rivers, property lines, and subdivisions.
- Maintain GIS to reflect all pertinent size, type, assembly, configuration, joint use, and maintenance data on electrical distribution poles, lines, and equipment and generate related reports as required.
- Maintain accurate system phasing and connectivity models for import to applications such as WindMil and OMS.
- Maintain PowerSolve meter and equipment inventory software and Electric System Maintenance & Asset Reliability Tracking (eSMART) software subscription .
- Review staking sheets and update CIS information before staking jobs are released to the operations department.
- Perform all work required in the GIS system to ensure that work order processes and the corresponding information are updated properly into the CIS and accounting systems.
- Assist with producing and recording required documentation for new services and the construction and retirement of electrical transmission and distribution facilities.
- Assist with the tracking of all new services, upgrades, etc. on the Cooperative’s work management system.
- Assist with easement maps, subdivision layout, VDOT highway crossing permits, etc.
- Maintain and generate outage and mapping models.
- Maintain GPS and associated hardware for staking personnel.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for all GIS relate processes.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, GIS, or other computer-related fields required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Considerable knowledge of the operation of computers and related peripheral equipment and information technology. Ability to set up, operate and maintain a variety of computer equipment. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point required. Knowledge of ESRI and GIS Systems. Ability to query and mine databases desired. Knowledge of RUS, NES, and NESC specifications preferred. Ability to handle a variety of diverse tasks and organize work to meet deadlines.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent fringe benefits. This institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2023.
Sign Up for Future Opportunities
You never know when your opportunity may come to join our mission-driven team.
Each day, we work cooperatively and safely to improve the quality of life in our communities.
We help deliver affordable and reliable power to thousands of homes and businesses.
Bookmark this page, so you never miss an opportunity to join us on our mission or sign up for email updates.